Published on Wednesday, 01 May 2013 09:39
Written by Super User
We recognise that our operations as a company have an impact on the environment at local, regional and global level and that actions we take today will have a positive or negative impact on the environment for future generations.
We therefore strive to manage any negative impacts we make upon the environment and we are proud that our Environmental Management Systems have been audited and found to meet the requirements of standard ISO 14001:2004.
Woodbar Limited is striving for environmental excellence in all aspects of the management of our premises and vehicles. We aim to continually improve our environmental performance through the following objectives:
- Communicating openly with staff about environmental policies and best practice and co-operate with others in the public and private sectors to develop and promote environmentally sound practices;
- Educating, training and motivating staff and contractors to work in an environmentally responsible manner and to play a full part in developing new ideas and initiatives;
- Minimising and preventing pollution by minimising the release of greenhouse gases, volatile organic compounds, vehicle emissions and other substances damaging to health and the environment;
- Developing and maintaining emergency procedures for effectively dealing with pollution incidents where necessary;
- Minimising our fuel consumption by accurate route planning, regular vehicle maintenance and sensible driver behaviour
- Conserving energy use in our office operations and minimising our use of raw materials such as water, stationery and other resources;
- Minimising the amount of waste sent to landfill through re-using and recycling and by using refurbished and recycled products and materials; where suitable alternatives are available;
- Encouraging manufacturers, suppliers and contractors through tighter specifications to develop environmentally preferable goods and services at competitive prices;
- Working with stakeholders to improve environmental performance where this is relevant to the contract and to the achievement of value for money;
- Applying the standards in the Government's "Green Claims Code" when making statements about our own services;
- Meeting all regulations and specifying that contractors do the same when working on our premises;
Responsibility for ensuring that environmental considerations are addressed in our business ultimately rests with the company Directors and they also take day-to-day responsibility for implementing and monitoring environmental performance. All staff and relevant contractors and sub-contractors are required to adhere to this policy.
For more information please call 020 8805 2188 or click here to see our online brochures....